Unable to delete outlook messages: Easy steps to solve this problem
Outlook 2010 is most updated outlook version that is available with more advance features and innovative changes. Some outstanding features of outlook 2010 are improved IMAP support, conversation view, add-in resiliency etc that attract outlook users. Several outlook users upgraded to outlook 2010 version to experience new features of this application. But users who have upgraded their outlook version have also complained that outlook is running slow and one common question that is often asked by outlook 2010 is how to speed up outlook 2010.
Slow outlook 2010 speed may happen due to default downloading setting of outlook that is set to download both attachments and emails for every outlook folder. This results into extended downloading time for mailboxes which are larger than 1 GB in size. In previous outlook versions outlook downloads are default set to download only message headers that occupy comparatively less space. You can speed up outlook 2010 by making some changes in outlook settings.
The steps to changes setting in order to speed up outlook 2010:
- Open outlook 2010 and click on send/receive tab
- Click send/receive groups to select define send.receive groups. Now, you are allowed to edit settings in this group
- Locate All Accounts and hit on Edit tab
- From the open pane select Download headers for subscribed folders
- Click OK and then Close to complete the task
It is pretty sure that change in outlook settings will increase file downloading speed in outlook. But along with these changes you should also follow some measures to improve outlook 2010 speed. The tips are:
- Remove all duplicate emails or unnecessary emails from mailbox
- Compact outlook mailbox or PST file
- Use integrated file sharing server to upload attachments, send download links instead of large attachments
- Use quick mail view for fast accessing. For this go to mail view and then quick steps
These are some useful steps to speed up outlook 2010. Most of the time outlook 2010 users face slow performance due to corrupted PST files or registry errors. If any of these situations are true then correct the problem immediately to avoid any major outlook issue. If there is any corrupted PST file then run scanpst.exe tool to repair the file and if there is registry related error then use professional registry cleaner tool to solve the issue. However, in case of severe damage or corruption, you should use professional fix scan PST tool to repair and recover PST file of outlook 2010. Keeping these things in your mind speed up outlook 2010 speed and enjoy smooth email operations on outlook.